Set up a recycling program in your office and help your employees do more for the planet – at work and at home.
Historically, recycling hasn’t been part of our culture in the UAE and the infrastructure to treat waste in an environmentally-friendly way was minimal. Even now. it can feel like you need to be a superhero to recycle your waste.
But things are changing. The government is pushing the agenda and encouraging individuals and companies to join the recycling movement. There are more and more recycling plants and increasingly people are realising they need to do more of it.
“The objective of the ‘UAE Vision 2021’ is to raise the
percentage of treated waste to 75% by 2021”
– H.E. Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi,
UAE Minister of Climate Change and Environment
This great program will help you kickstart recycling for your office and everyone who works there. The best bit? It’s incredibly easy, you will be protecting the planet, and it will make you look and feel good:
Step 1 – Set up your recycling programme
Every company is different and your requirements will depend on lots of factors like your employee numbers, office space, location etc. So our first step is to find out exactly what you need to set up a successful programme. This includes:
– A chat to understand your current challenges and what you want to achieve
– A site visit and walk-through to assess your office’s layout, type of waste, and existing practices
– Behind-the-scenes work to estimate volumes and types of waste and explore the most suitable waste management companies and bins for your office
– A presentation with our ‘findings, recommendations and action plan’. This will explain everything you need to know about your office recycling programme as well as the costs involved in running it
This initial phase is free of charge if you decide to start recycling (Step 2). If not, there is a small charge for the work done and advice provided, which ranges from 2,000 Dhs to 5,000 Dhs (depending on the company size).
Step 2 – Run your recycling operation
In this step, we’ll implement the actions planned in Step 1 and help your people improve their own behaviors – at work and home. It includes:
– Helping you buy required logistics, e.g. recycling bins
– Carrying out regular collections (on demand or following a pattern of waste generation)
– Generating reports and sharing them with you regularly
– Helping you engage your employees. On top of sharing information, statistics, and interesting facts to raise awareness, we can also run campaigns at your offices to increase excitement and encourage people to recycle more
– Free at-home recycling collection for your employees – an amazing way to build employee pride and enhance your company’s reputation as people see you sponsoring a great cause
The cost of running the recycling programme, engaging your employees, and collecting & recycling the waste is AED 10/month/employee.
The municipality fees for throwing waste into the landfills continue to increase globally, and the UAE is not an exception. According to Gulf Business, Dubai municipal fees for waste going to landfills ”will be Dhs80 ($22) per tonne in 2018, Dhs90 ($25) in 2019 and Dhs100 ($27) in 2020 and thereafter.”
Reducing your waste and ensuring the waste produced is recycled has many benefits – financially and for the environment. Let us help you make a positive difference today!
|At the company’s offices or at employee's home|
|All year round [weekdays and weekends]|
|Participants and prices|
5 - 400+ people (starting from 500Dhs)
|* Everything is included expect for the cost of the bins. The exact cost of waste collection per month will be calculated on Step 1. Prices exclude VAT.|